Stories Of The Kruger | Singita Sweni Lodge | Private Camps
The Singita Sweni Lodge is a Private Lodge/Camp in the south-central region of the Kruger National Park and is on the banks of the beautiful Sweni River. Trees abound around the camp, and it is a picturesque. It is situated close to its sister Camp, the Singita Lebombo Lodge.
The Sweni Lodge is in the Singita Private Concession that cover well over 13 350 hectares of the beautiful Kruger National Park.
Some of the information below has been obtained, with permission, from the Singita Sweni Lodge website (Link above).
General Information On Singita Sweni Lodge
Tucked into the banks of the Sweni River, this intimate lodge is a hidden jewel that provides a bold, new African context for contemporary design.
With its proximity to the river, guests at Singita Sweni Lodge are treated to up-close sightings of the incredible number of animals and birds that wander down to drink or wallow in the river.
The Singita Sweni Lodge has 7 suites; with decks that seem to hover in the branches and bold interiors that are inspired by beetles, chameleons and birds wings, and neutrals that draw in the light.
Each of the lodge’s contemporary en-suite units have been restructured to maximize open-plan living with panoramic game-viewing decks. All suites have outdoor showers that overlook the river, and outdoor day beds where you can spend a night under the stars. With its close-proximity to the Sweni River, guests are treated to exceptional up-close sightings of the wildlife that wander down to drink or wallow.
The Pool Suite with the unique inclusion of a private swimming pool and shaded riverfront deck can be connected to the adjacent unit to create a more generous unit with two en-suite bedrooms, offering guests an extra layer of privacy – perfect for families and honeymoon couples.
- There is a swimming pool in the main lodge area.
- Spa and gym facilities are available.
- The Singita Boutique & Gallery
- There is a television at the Singita Boutique & Gallery.
- Dependent upon area coverage, there is mobile phone signal.
- There is complimentary Internet (Wi-Fi) access, however due to the remote location of the lodge, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent.
- Electricity/power available: 220V. Converters are also available and hair dryers are supplied in each suite.
- Children of all ages are welcome. There are baby- sitting services available and tailor-made activities to suit each family.
- In the interest of safety, participation of children in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.
Activities At Singita Sweni Lodge
Relaxation is what the SINGITA SWENI lodge is all about. Besides the game viewing you can do from your suite, there is a swimming pool, spa, gym and even a gallery to keep you occupied.
There are a host of other activities such as:
- Game Drives (Morning, sunset and night)
- Community visits
- Bush and Safari walks
- Wine Tasting
Animal Experience At Singita Sweni Lodge
You never know what you may expect to see coming down to the Sweni River to drink, or patrol. You can expect to see anything. Summer alongside the Sweni can be extremely productive.
- Lions (Resident in the area)
- Leopards (Residents in the area)
- Spotted Hyaena (Residents in the area)
- Wild Dog
- Sable Antelope
- Sharpe’s Grysbok
- Large Spotted Genet
- Small Spotted Genet
- Black backed Jackal
- Side Striped Jackal
Birding At Singita Sweni Lodge
The lush area of the Sweni River plays host to all sorts of riverine birds and bushveld birds. Look out for birds such as the Great Spotted Cuckoo and Narina Trogon – one of the most beautiful birds you will ever see. There are quite a few birds of prey in the area as well as smaller beautiful birds like finches, waxbills and pytillias.
Due to the large amount of predators within the concession, you can expect to see a whole variety of Vultures. Birding is really rewarding in this area…